Dear Hill Community,
We hope you have had a summer of fun and family time! There are only two weeks until our 2023-2024 school year begins on Monday, August 14th. We can’t wait to welcome our students to campus. The purpose of this letter is to give everyone a road map for our Back to School activities. More specificity will come soon as well.
Here are your reminders for upcoming dates and times for our back to school events. All are subject to change if needed. Some have been updated since our last communication:
- August 4th-9th: Staff returns for Professional Learning and Planning (all day)
- Wednesday, August 9th: Class lists posted at 4:00 pm on front windows
- Thursday, August 10th: Teacher Planning and Preparation Day (Helper Day)
- Virtual Pre-K and Kindergarten Back to School Night with Teachers at 5:30 pm via Zoom (not an in-person event) First through Fifth Grade Back to School Nights will be in September
- Friday, August 11th: In-Person Meet the Teacher Event
- For Meet the Teacher: We request Last Names A-M visit from 10:00-11:00; Last Names N-Z from 11:00-12:00 pm if possible
- Staff Preparation Day all other times
- Monday, August 14th: First Day of School! (7:40 am-3:10 pm; our bell schedule)
Kindergarten Families: Use this link to access and share our Kindergarten Welcome Letter to your Hill Dillo! We hope to see everyone at our Back to School Night Virtual Event and Meet the Teacher In-Person Event on the dates/times above.
Support our Hill PTA: Get everything you need for the 2023-2024 school year by participating in Online Open House! In just a few minutes you can join Hill’s PTA, order birthday books and posters, and learn about the various ways we can support our school. CLICK HERE to begin! Using the link, you can also view and purchase our amazing Hill Merchandise, including school shirts, for this year!
Austin ISD is looking for staff and community members to join the Calendar Task Force to support developing the 2024-2025 calendar. If interested, all information can be found at the link.
We will follow with more information prior to our events listed above. Have a great week of summer!