Did you know that Texas ranks 43rd in per pupil spending? Join PTA and become part of the largest child advocacy organization in the US.
Rally Day Feb 25
- Join 2,000 PTA members from all over Texas to ask our legislators to support school funding, literacy by 3rd grade, student mental health, juvenile justice reform and more! All you need to do is show up. Your presence is message enough to tell our legislators “we are here and we are taking a stand for public education.” Our goal is 500 people from AISD PTA communities. Austin, let’s represent!
- Make plans on when you will attend
- Estimated times: 8:00 am meet at House Park for free parking and to walk in, Caucuses ( 9 am), Rally on Capitol Steps 11:30am “ The Main Event”, Legislator visits at 1:30 til 4.
You can learn more by reading about the list of Texas PTA Legislative Priorities (in English and Spanish). ACPTA members have identified five legislative priorities that matter most to campus communities in Austin:
- Public School Funding System Reform
- Student Mental Health
- Literacy by 3rd Grade and Pre-K Funding
- Juvenile Justice
- Special Education Funding
Other ways you can help:
- Join the PTA!!
- Sign up and Share JustFundItTX.org
- https://www.facebook.com/ JustFundItTX/ and follow us on Twitter @JustFundItTX. Host house party or write a letter why you love your school.
- Join students in calling on the Texas Legislature to Just Fund It Texas! – Public education is the best investment in Texas’s future! – Sign the petition!
- Subscribe to Texas PTA legislative updates http://tinyurl.com/underthedome2
- Austin ISD Legislative Updates : www.austinisd.org/legislature
- Receive Austin ISD legislative updates from Edna Ramón Butts. Email to email@example.com