Dear Hill Community,
We have our staff back on campus this week as we prepare for a fantastic year at Hill School! Below there are some updates but mostly reminders of our upcoming events this week and beyond.
Here are your reminders for upcoming dates and times for our back to school events:
- August 8th-10th: Staff returns for Professional Learning (all day)
- Wednesday, August 10th: Class lists posted at 4:00 pm on front windows
- Thursday, August 11th: Teacher Planning and Preparation Day (Helper Day); Virtual Pre-K and Kindergarten Back to School Night with Teachers at 5:30 pm via Zoom (not an in-person event, Zoom links will be shared through email prior to event) (First through Fifth Grade Back to School Night will be in September)
- Friday, August 12th: In-Person Meet the Teacher Event, For Meet the Teacher: Last Names A-M can visit from 10:00am-11:00am, Last Names N-Z from 11:00am-12:00pm, families can enter through the front doors; Staff Meeting and Preparation Day all other times
- Monday, August 15th: First Day of School! (7:40am-3:10pm; our bell schedule), Doors open at 7:15am to walk students to classrooms on the first day
**Please note that our Pre-K and Kindergarten Virtual Back to School Night is this Thursday, August 11th. We apologize for previous confusion on that!
Attention families who plan to park and walk their students to school: We are excited to announce that the sidewalk on Austin Woods Drive is now complete that was identified as a priority through the Safe Routes to School Program. This area now has a safe corridor for neighborhood families walk to school. With these changes, we want to emphasize that parking on Austin Woods for arrival or dismissal is now extremely limited and discouraged. You can click here to see a map of what the street will look like in the mornings and afternoons. As you can see, there is virtually no legal or available parking (6-7 total spaces) from the hours of 7:00am-9:00am, then 2:00pm-4:00pm. There will be enforcement there the first few weeks of school to ensure this is a successful transition as it is a huge change. If you are driving your student to campus, please use our carline or a different area to park/walk. We will send those directions out this upcoming week. If you would like to park and walk your student to school, there is more parking on Robbie Lane or Hyridge, all with available sidewalks. Thank you for avoiding the Austin Woods and Amy Circle area if you commute to school so we avoid congestion on the now more narrow street.
We want to invite our parents and guardians to our first principal check-in of the fall in our Hill library on Thursday, August 18th at 7:45am. This session will be an introduction to our year, as well as a great time to ask some of the questions you may have.
Safety Update: Following the first day of school, parents will not be able to walk students to the classroom as we will continue with drop-off at our front doors. This will be consistent at AISD elementary schools as we prioritize safety for our morning drop-off. In-person assembly will begin at 7:30am each morning beginning on Tuesday, August 16th. It will end by 7:37am or so. All students will report to our cafeteria area during that time, where they will hear important messages and then dismiss in line with their teachers. We strongly encourage students being at school by 7:30am for this great community-building time. We will follow-up with more on this prior to the first day of school. Thanks for your support and understanding of this continued procedure.
We can’t wait to see our Hill families on campus and in our classrooms on Friday! Have a great last week of summer, everyone.