Wanted: A Few Good Volunteers
The Hill PTA is a big machine and we need your to help keep it running! If you’ve been thinking about getting involved, now is the time to find a committee you’d like to try out during the next school year.
Every committee can use volunteers (Hill Agreement #4: Right to Participate!), but these are the ones that need a few good helpers:
- Yearbook: A team of 3 – 5 people who can help with graphic design, picture-taking, organizing & logistics
- Community Fundraising: Plan & coordinate Spirit Nights at Brick Oven and Catfish Parlour
- Dillo Cards: Order & distribute monthly cards and assist 2nd chair with special order program twice per year
- Grounds: We need a crew of 3 to 5 people who can help water, weed, do light mulching and set up the summer watering schedule on Volunteer Spot. You can do a special project (needs prior approval) or not. It could be as small as planting flowers in a pot.
- Principal Coffee – Assist our current chair in providing refreshments at the Principal’s Coffee once per month.
- Watering help this summer– sign up here: http://vols.pt/suGYsK
Hill would love your help!
If you’re interested in any of the above, email email@example.com.
All PTA Committees and contact information are on the Hill website, here.
Order School Supplies Online
The Hill school supplies store is now open! Go to sproutsupplies.com/hill between now and August 1st to purchase your child’s supplies for the 2016-2017 school year.
Kits are available for purchase for every grade and contain all the supplies your child needs.
Skip the shopping and get all your back to school needs taken care of with one click! Plus, your order will be shipped directly to Hill and can be picked up at Open House in August.
New Parent Info
Please click here for full instructions on how to register your child at Hill.
Play dates are scheduled for incoming Pre-K students, Kindergartners, and new students to Hill.
- Saturday, August 20 – 10am (Meet on playground, no need to sign in.)
Congratulations to Hill Walking School Bus leaders, Ms. Turner, Ms. Lipinski and Mr. T. Hill school just received an award from the City of Austin for having the most successful Walking School
bus in AISD!!!
It meets every morning at 7:10am at Hillcrest Baptist Church where students do WOW (Working Out for Wellness) activities before walking to Hill at 7:28am.
You’ve probably seen the kids wearing green hats at school – Hill’s Green Team – has been given the Eco-Schools Bronze Award from the National Wildlife Federation.
Eco-Schools USA uses a program of seven steps that involves a wide diversity of individuals from the school community – with students playing a primary role in the process. The butterfly garden that was established at Hill, plus the Green team helped qualify our school. Thanks to Ms. Hoffner and Ms. Holguin for leading the Green Team!
As Hill school leaders continue to plan for next year, the Facilities Committee has developed recommendations that will allow Principal Newton to keep all of our students on campus next year.
Although school administrators continue to work the logistics, there will be several moves this summer that will allow the campus to accommodate more students and keep grade levels together.
To see all the recommendations, please click here.
Dillo Details & PTA Membership
Stay on top of Hill news, straight to your inbox! The weekly Dillo Details e-news includes important messages from the Principal… to arrival and dismissal changes… to school events and deadlines.
Never miss a thing — sign up today!